Thursday, January 1, 2009

To the New Year

Ok, I, like every other blogger out there, will make short commentary on the passing of 2008 and the entrance of 2009.

This year has been a challenge for me professionally and personally. Work was harder this year than it has been in a long time, and I'm not sure that there is a specific solution to make it better. So, I just truck on and hope.

Personally, the addition of another child to our family is the most wonderful thing that has happened this year. It is also THE MOST challenging thing as well. Adding Maggie to our family was an easy transtion. Adding Miles is a ton more work. Chasing Maggie and keeping her out of trouble on a minimal amount of sleep with a newborn attached to me the bulk of the day has been very difficult. I wouldn't change it for the world! They are both beautiful!

I have seen friends on rollercoasters of life, enduring extremely difficult situations, sick family, loss of jobs. 2008 was a rough year for many people, not to mention businesses. I have seen friends marry and have children. It has truly been a journey. Most of all I have made new friends, and grown closer to those that I already knew. For this I am truly thankful.

As I reflect on 2008 I can't help but be thankful that its over. I look forward to 2009 with renewed hope for everyone, and thankfulness for all that I do have.

No comments: