Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The things you learn from Google.

For those of you that have ever had a migraine headache, you can throw up your hands and give me props now. I had one of my worst EVER yesterday! It left me feeling dead even a day later. Lets not forget the fact that all I can take for the throbbing and wretching mass of tissue that is my brain, is TYLENOL! TYLENOL! Who even invented that stuff, and does it really even do anything? I totally feel hungover, even though I don't know what that feels like. I am stumbling through a haze today, clumsy, and fairly incoherent. My eyes are still sensitive to light, which led me wanting to wear my sunglasses in the office this morning. I am puzzled by this phenonmenon. I googled "recovering from a migraine" and found out that I a not crazy, and that most people indeed have migraine hangovers. There is even a technical term for it called "postdrome." So if people expect you to show up at work the day after a migraine all chipper and back to yourself, just remind them that you are probably going to be hung over for at least a day, if not two. Who knew?

3 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, yuck. Migraines are horrible and tylenol blows. Watch those headaches though - you want to make sure they aren't blood pressure related. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon!

Samantha said...

Thanks for the tip! I actually have been taking my blood pressure whenever I have a headache because it got high at the very end with Maggie. So far though, its been normal, which is how I knew it was a migraine for sure!

Lucas said...

You don't have to make up eleborate excusses to wear sunglasses at work Sam. Just be fabulous. No one really believes the whole "Margerine hangover" excuse anyway. You can't help it that people are haters. I wear my sunglasses at work all the time.