Sunday, March 3, 2013

My windows are super foggy

For all of you that don't know, I have recently relocated to Kissimmee, Florida.  It has been an adventure of sorts.  We have been here since the first week of December, and though I'm pretty outgoing, and of course SUPER likable, I'm still fairly lonely.  So I am stretching myself further outside my comfort zone to meet people.  So far I have met one friend here in the area, a unconventional sort of meeting.  Well, not really.  We both were taking our kids to the bus stop and pretty quickly struck up some conversation.  I was hesitant to talk to her because I struck up a couple conversations with strangers, and none were well received. 

Secondly, I have joined some Meetup groups on Meetup.com.  Initially the majority of the groups did not appeal to me.  Some were down right creepy, but I found two that seemed normal.  I went to one play group and actually had a good time.  I plan on doing things with them again, if the stars align.  Every time something gets planned we have something going on or some kid gets a cold.

Lastly, we have started attending a church, which unfortunately is 45 minutes away from Kissimmee, but worth the drive.  If you want to see where we go, check out www.kensingtonorlando.org

Here are some of the things I've learned about the Central Florida area so far. 

1.  While there are always exceptions to the rule, people here are generally unfriendly.  I don't know if its because most of them are transplants like myself, or if its the heat, but people seem pretty crabby and mean.

2.  The constant warm weather is really really nice.  I am enjoying it a lot. 

3.  Everything is at least 30 minutes away, except the expensive grocery store, CVS, Walgreens and the liquor store.  If we want decent restaurants or even Target, we have to plan on a 30 minute drive.  I'm getting used to it.

4.  Its the south, but its not really the south. 

I'm hoping to update frequently on my adventures of making friends in CFA.  Central Florida Area HOLLA!

No comments: