Thursday, February 26, 2009

All things domestic

So, those of you who know me, know that I work part time. Partly because it is best for our family financially and partly because I really enjoy the adult interaction. However, I have to admit that I have thoroughly enjoyed my time home as I only worked 2 days a week for the past 6 weeks. I really enjoy the domestic side of life. I like cooking and keeping house. I have enjoyed the extra time I have been able to spend with Maggie working on letters and just doing imaginary games and playing. I am not dreading going back to work, as the hardest part of going back was the 2 full days of being gone from my kids. I just wonder if God provided the opportunity financially for me to stay home, whether it would be the choice I would make. I adore my children, and love to spend the time with them that I am afforded, but I fear that if I did end up staying home full time that I would have a difficult time entering back into the work world once the children go to school, which I know I want to do. These are just things I have been pondering. As of right now its not even an option, but I wonder down the road what God has in store for our family and how we will know what the right decision will be at that time.

No comments: