Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Recipe Reviews


Well, for those of you who don't know. I really enjoy cooking. Its something that has always been fun for me, but more and more as I grow older. I've decided since it is something I enjoy so much, that I am going to share the recipes that I try as I try them. For tonight, as the dreaded snow flakes fall again, I share with you a simple crock pot recipe of yumminess.

This recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens. I've slightly adapted it, but here is the recipe as I make it!

Beefy Minestrone

Cooktime: 8 hours on low or 4 hours on high in a Crockpot

1lb ground beef
1 14 ounce can of beef broth (use reduced sodium if you want to cut salt)(=1 1/3 cups)
1 10 ounce package of frozen mixed vegetables
1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes and their juice
1 10 ounce can of tomato soup
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings crushed
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Your choice of cooked pasta, add the amount that looks good to you.
You can top this with parmesan cheese, and or goldfish crackers for the kiddos.

If you try it out, let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Sharing Life said...

Thanks for posting. I saw it on your facebook status and was actually going to ask you for the recipe!
We'll be making this soon!

My friend Amanda has a blog she's posting recipes, healthy eating habits, tips and tricks for cooking. It's pretty cool. It's linked on our blog!

Samantha said...

Thanks Amber. I'll check it out. Also, just a tip, don't add the noodles until you are ready to serve or they will get mushy!