Monday, February 4, 2008

Trust

Trust is a funny thing. I went to a conference this weekend about generosity in the Christian life and I was moved. It was awesome, and it really helped me to feel confident in God's provision for me. Sometimes things change in life, and they really require you to put total trust in God. Some things at work may be re-structured in terms of positions and responsibilities. My first instinct was to freak out, but just five minutes later I had a peace. I just know that God is going to take care of us, whatever it means. If it means that concessions take place and compromises are made, I know that will be fine. If it means that things change and I can no longer continue in the exact same place as I am, then I know that will be fine. Its strange for me to have such a peace about this situation. Normally I would freak out and be compulsively taking whatever action I thought might change things, trying to make plans to ensure that everything continue to work out exactly as I think it should. But its not about me. (I am finally getting it!) I know that God is good, and I am blessed beyond my own comprehension. Everything will work out to glorify God and show what He can do. How blessed am I to be a part of His story!

No comments: