Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Oh the nerves

Look at that silly girl? Is it any wonder that I'm fraught with nerves tonight as we prepare for her surgery tomorrow. Its minor surgery. So routine. And yet, I'm so on edge. My toughest little sprite. My challenging little girl. She tries my patience to the limit, but what would my world be like without her?! Anyway, she is getting tubes put in her ears tomorrow, and I pray repeatedly that the surgery goes without a hitch, as routine as getting tubes can be. But this moment, this night before a surgery reminds me of my dear friends that have to routinely hand their children over to doctors and to God. They worry and trust endlessly in the power of God's healing and the hands of surgeons. I take this moment to honor them and thank God for their inspiration in my life. I see your bravery, and the sweet way that you cherish your babies. I see the way your strong children endure all that they go through, and push through in a way that grown ups just can't fathom. As I say a prayer and sing an extra lullaby to my little girl tonight, I'm thinking of you and praying for your babes too. I love you all. I hope you know who you are.

No comments: