Monday, March 28, 2011

Doctors, Nurses, Midwives and everyone in between

I think that I have been spoiled with regard to medical care. I have never had so many great providers at one time, and I couldn't be more thankful to the staff at our primary care physician's office or at the midwifery office. I have truly come to feel like they are family. I couldn't be more thankful for the care provided by both Karen and Isabelle throughout my pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpardum period. They provide thorough care and are genuinely invested in their patients. As I enter my 6 week period in between seeing them I am a little sad. I will miss coming into the office and chatting with them. And their support and excitement at the birth of our daughter is truly inspiring. It makes me happy that they make so many women and families feel the same way. Then Dr. Love, Dr. Martin,Corey, Michelle and all the support staff at Dupage Medical Group's Bay Scott Office are wonderful as well. With all the visits to track Margot's jaundice and all of the visits for Miles and Maggie in the past 4 and a half years, I have felt nothing but welcomed, listened to and supported. When the receptionists know you by name, its both a good and a bad thing, but when they know your kids by first name and the kids love being there, that's something. Or when you get a phone call with lab results on a Sunday afternoon because your doctor is heading out of town and doesn't want to leave you hanging, that's something too. I hope I never have to move, because I cannot imagine finding such a wonderful mix of health care providers and feeling so well taken care of. This is what healthcare should be for all people. Its sad that I see it as such a gift, but its probably because so many people go without good healthcare in this country, and there is just no need for it.

No comments: