Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Struggle

I am thoroughly frustrated. I have had a sore throat for about 3-4 weeks now. I've been to the doctor and had 2 strep tests. Both were negative. I went back again to the doctor, because this sore throat has been keeping me up at night. So after going back again, what do they tell me? They tell me that it could be a sinus infection, or a virus. The option is to either take an antibiotic or just wait it out. So I opted to give the antibiotic a shot, just because I am so sick of this sore throat. Its the only real symptom and it puzzles me. So, I wish that at my work, I got paid to make random guesses and just hope that it turns out ok. I mean what if I told parents, here is this new staff person. They may, or may not be harmful to your children. The only way to find out is to put them with the kids for awhile and wait it out. We'll see what happens. Its just frustrating, and I'm tired enough as it is. I did realize though, through some discussion with my small group tonight though, that I have not been venting to God about this issue. Perhaps there is a reason that God has me dealing with all of this while being pregnant and working. I haven't taken the time to really talk to Him about it, so I think I'll have to spend some time in prayer. I think I need to slow down and be alone for a bit. It might help.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Hey Sam do you want to get together and talk about this:) Just kidding!! You know how I am about alone time:) I hope you can find some quiet time today to be still. Side note with the sore throat, take a couple of spoonfulls of Apple Cider Vinegar. It works.