Sunday, March 23, 2008

A new perspective

I have been reading alot lately. Mostly Christ following authors struggling and working out what it truly means to have a relationship with God through Jesus. And while I may come off as downright sentimental, I have to say, that I am truly falling in love with God all over again. I just adore Jesus, his teachings, and the way he lived his life. I admire his compassion and patience with people. As I see my own love for people growing daily, I can only chalk it up to my renewed excitement in following Christ. I am enjoying others' company so much more than I have in such a long time. I feel truly, and joyfully, obligated to encourage and help people around me. I am excited to see God at work in my own life, and in the lives of my friends. I am viewing struggles and trials in new ways. I see the potential for growth in every challenge that falls into my path. I have a renewed peace about God's will for my life. I see in my friends the spirit of God, in their dedication to him in difficult times and I am encouraged in my own struggles. More and more I am learning that it is not just about saying a prayer, but it is about meeting needs. It is about showing people that we cannot ever be complete, and that by looking for acceptance through others' perceptions of us will only bring us pain and more questions. I know that this is a somewhat rambling entry, but I am excited. I guess I just hope, in a way, to share this excitement with those around me.

No comments: